Sunday, July 7, 2013

July Catch Up

Splashy Time

The first time my niece came to stay with us we had problems at bath time as converting our shower into a bath caused problems.  So she was bathed in the wash basin.
I mounted the photo on a piece of canvas backed plastic which I coloured dark blue.  I had used mainly blue for the layout with the water in mind but wanted to make it more girly.  The pink hearts and rings helped and this scrunched up ribbon and pretty pink button and beads made it even more girly.  A small piece of 'lacey' gauze peeping out form under the photo helped as well.

 I had stencilled the dots in opposite corners using an old sticker sheet as a stencil and then added a doodled mock stitch border.  For my journalling I used micro-pore tape that I coloured using chalks.

 Canal Walk

This layout tells of a great walk we had along the regents canal in London.  I used a sheet of water colour paper which I coloured using paint with salt sprinkled over it to achieve a blotchy effect.
 
I made an envelope out of acetate and covered it in white tissue which I adhered to it using coloured PVA glue.
For my main swirl I used acetate which I coloured using my promarkers.
 I also stamped some shapes onto acetate.  I adhered tissue to the back of one shape once again using coloured glue.  I then used a large brad to secure both acetate shapes and a dyed wooden shape to the layout.
 I stuck small painted doilies to the top right of the layout and hated them.  Trying to rescue the layout I cut shapes out of spare water coloured paper and stuck them on.  I was really pleased with the results.
 I punched small circles out of the spare water coloured paper and stuck them on as bubbles round the title which I had hand drawn.
I took these photos ages ago in order to celebrate my love of baking and the luxury of having time to do it.  I used fabric as a background and embellishments.
 
I stitched the background onto a sheet of old card (whose colour I did not like) using horizontal and vertical lines to form a grid of squares.
I hand stitched a roll of fabric on using gold thread leading to a clock face which I had stamped onto acetate and then painted the back gold.
I made this heart from a scrap of material which I padded using waste wadding from an old bandage pad.

 I used shrink plastic to make the word time and threaded the letters onto a thread which I then tied to the main title.

The Last Time

I wanted to create the effect of spray for this layout which tells of my visit to see my great aunt (who lived on the Pembrokeshire coast) for the last time before she died .  I covered the paper with geso and while it was wet covered it with slightly scrunched up gauze bandage.  I stitched seed beads all over it along with a few ribbons.
 
I used a piece of loosely coiled silver wire to hold the main photo down.  I threaded small beads onto thin pieces of wire and hung them form the main piece.
 
The main photo hinges open to show another photo and a journalling block.
I scrunched a piece of net up and sewed it in place.  I then used a decorative pin so that it appeared to be holding it down.

 Photo TZ

These two photos were official photos taken of me when we were in Tanzania and they are horrible but they tell a story about official photos.
I had originally used paint on the top half of the page only but then dropped an open pot of glue on the lower half of it.  I order to hide this mistake I extended the blue.
 
I stuck some of my embellishments down first of all and then coloured everything together.  I coloured them using a mixture of different paints and inks, holding to paper up to cause runs down the page.  I then used a paint brush to flick paint over the page.

The One

I had had a digital copy of this photo for ages and never got round to printing it.  When my great aunt died this copy was among her belongings and so I had no excuse for not scrapping it.
It is one of the first photos of my now sister inlaw and tells the story of how we knew straight form the start that she was the one for my brother.
 
I stamped my journalling onto micro pore tape which I had coloured with chalks.
 For embellishments I used a coarse piece of string which I  dyed brown.  I tied it round two cardboard toggles and hung on a chipboard heart (which I painted and stamped) and a stripy square fimo tag.
As the photo was taken on a boat called Black Rose I added one as an embellishment made by usiing a peel off mounted onto acetate and coloured using a permanent pen.