Monday, December 8, 2014

Play Time

Last week this wonderful box of goodies arrived in the post.

 Today I got to play with them on the pages of my DLP journal for next year.  Great fun with sprays.  While cleaning a stencil with baby wipe I realized that by pushing the ink off the stencil and onto the waste paper below it you effectively got another print from the stencil.  It was paler than the first but just as good.
Unfortunately instead of pressing on my new distress stain to start it working I squeezed it, the lid came off and almost the entire contents of the bottle ended up on my project.  Fortunately I was working on an old towel and it absorbed all the spillage.  The project turned out OK although different from planned.  My hands were another mater.


Friday, November 28, 2014

Looking Forward

Having found The Documented Project life this year and followed but not participated I am keen to join in next year.  Instead of buying a journal I have decided to make my own.  One of my aims this year has been to use up some of my paper supplies.  While I have not bought any the stash does not seem to have diminished.  So I am carrying this aim on into next year and making my own journal from all those scraps I have collected.
So while others in the group are busy decorating thier covers I have been tidying out my hoarded away bits and folding them into pages to bind into a journal later.
 Pages include old book pages let over form my 2013 journal and old bits of wall paper which for some reason I thought would make a good background for a scrapbook page but never did.  No throwing it out is not an option it will be used somehow.
I am unsure if I will complete a full page each week so I have made so tags for those weeks.  Once again form scraps. Pre digital photos which I have kept even though the quality of them was not good have been cut up to use as the base for tags.  I found an old scarf that I had tried silk painting on years ago.  I did not make a good job of it and never really liked it.  It has now been stuck to card to make a couple of pages for my book and also a couple of tags.

 I also found this beautiful piece of parchment which I want to use,although at the moment I have no idea how.
 They have all been put inside the cover of an old exercise book awaiting the prompts.  I have attached a small bag on the cover in which I have put things I have found and want to use.  Putting them in my main stash would mean that they are forgotten.
My plan is to work on one page/tag each week.  Having them loose will mean that inks and paints won't seep through onto another page and also if I want to use my sewing machine it will be easier.  I also hope to post each weeks page up here.  Let's hope I am more successful than last year.

2014

Oh dear, not a single blog entry this year.  Think that rather reflects how this year has been.  However I have still been crafting and recording my year.  I chose to make a card a week and to store them all in an old book.  Here is the almost finished project. 

Each day I wrote on a calendar what I had done that day.  The calender was then incorporated into the card.  Either on a flap or a tag behind the main photo.



Saturday, January 4, 2014

My Year

It really is ages since I uploaded to this blog.  That doesn't meant that I haven't been crafting.  My main project has been my art journal / altered book.  It is the first thing like this that I have ever attempted and I have learnt so much along the way.  MY original plan was to do a digi layout each week and colour a few pictures in in the book along the way.  Here are a few of my favourite pages, you will see that I deviated quite a bit from my original plan, although I did include 52 digi layouts.