I recently had a spending spree on craft books and so decided to use some of the new ideas on these layouts. For this layout I decided to cut the photos of my niece out as the background was black due to me using the flash. This really detracted from the prettiness of the doll. I hand drew all my letters, cutting the thicker section out of card so that I could overlap the border and photo to a small degree.
My background paper was plain pink and I dry brushed it with pink acrylic paint of a slightly different shade.
I have recently started playing around with doodling and decided to take it on to a layout. This one is way out of my usual style not an embellishment in sight. I masked the letters off with masking tape and used my distress stains to colour the background. Unfortunately the masking fluid tore the paper when I removed it. Next time I think I will colour in the white first to protect the paper. I then set to with my coloured pencils and black pen. The layout records a real bargain but also the story behind buying new trainers. I wanted to include the price as in years to come this could be interesting.