Sunday, February 22, 2015

I Did it my Way.

Well this week I got loads of library books out for inspiration and sat down to sketch into a sketch pad with the idea that I could cut out my sketches and use them later  on.
The theme/challenge of covering the good was too much.  No way could I cover up work I loved, so I took the idea of covering up good thoughts.  Following on from my negative thoughts of last week I wrote down how I wanted to do with DLP and what I wanted to achieve from it.  Then as it was valentines day using my neocolours I drew a great big heart on top.
I gessoed over the heart and then the page.

I painted over everything using acrylic paints.  The girl is one cut from my sketch pad.  By this time the heart was disappearing so I drew round it with a white watercolour pencil.

I forget if I used gesso or white paint but I stenciled hearts on through a home made stencil and then stamped words of encouragement over the page.  I have had these stamps for ages so it was great to use them at last.  Using neocolours I coloured over everything just to bring it all together.
 Finally I cut out the title (this was the last sentence in my journalling underneath and really summed up my attitude)  coloured in my girl and stuck her on.






Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough

Well the challenge for this weeks DPL was Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough meaning using lots of layers and to be honest I hated it.  I had already decided that I wanted to do a scrap book page style for this week but then felt that I had to do something with paint, silly because I could do what ever I liked.
As the page progressed I did begin to like it more but it made me realise that I was doing what I felt was expected of me not what I loved and wanted to do and I vowed to change that in the future and be true to my style.

 'Has it no'ed?' or 'Has it snowed?' had been a frequent question over the weeks preceding this challenge and so I had to use the photos of when it actually did snow.  I worked in the theme of enough with my comment on the bottom. I can't remember how many layers I used under it but there were quite a few.

Friday, February 6, 2015

Fun Time

This week I had some time creating not for any challenge but just for fun.
Here is the little drawer set I made from an old mobile phone box and the pen holder made from my supply of ancient floppy disks.
The drawers were made by painting and then stenciling on top.  The butterflies were stenciled using modelling paste and the front was just a piece of paper stuck on.
The discs were just stuck together with superglue and held together with sellotape until the glue was dry.

DPL Week 5

This weeks DPL challenge was to use under paper and the theme was what lies beneath.   Unfortunately I had used most of my under paper up the day before making tags, so this was quite a challenge.  My face was cut from a piece of kitchen towel I had used to mop up some glue with and had dried flat.  The body was stamped on a small piece of under paper and the wings were a scrap of serviette that were sitting in my box of paper to be used.
As for what lies underneath.  I made this very personal and before I stuck the picture down I wrote the word worry and then covered it with something i liked.  I am a compulsive worrier and it lies underneath a lot of my life.
Instaed of making a folded page this week I made a pocket and did my daily diary/journalling on tags which I put in the pocket.  These tags still need to have ribbons/fibers attached to them.

Also this week I stitched together all the pages I have completed so far, and so my book has started.