Friday, November 2, 2012
When I saw the Scrap 365 October Shake It Up Challenge I realised that this was the perfect photo for it. My 6 month old niece and 100 year old great aunt. Sorry about the blob on my nieces face but my brother doesn't want her photo on line.
For my journalling I used the back of the group of tags attached to the bottom of the LO.
Having to use a ticket stumped me as I didn't have any. However I made this one using the bottom edge of one of my tag stamps and punching holes along the edge. For my wood grain I used a small wooden heart which I lightly smeared with paint. I haven't taken a close up but I stitched the crochet strip under the photo onto the LO.
Posted by Alison Roots at 5:45 AM
I have finally got round to scrapping these photos form the snow in 2010.
This one it did for the Scrap 365 November Challenge. A very simple plain layout for me but one I was pleased with. I used nitwits papers and embellishments which I cut out and layered. I then added stickles to the snowflakes. I made a pocket behind my three photos to add a tag with another photo and my journalling on.
Again another simple layout. I colourised one photo blue and used it to frame my main photo. The background paper was too good to cover up but I did clear stamp the snow flakes and then use perfect pearls on them.
I painted some confetti snow flakes painted them and added stickles before sticking them around my photo. I smeared white thickers letters with silver paint.
Posted by Alison Roots at 5:35 AM
We are so lucky to have this farm on the edge of town and visiting it is so much part of Christmas.
I made a frame for my main photo using polyfilla mixed with paint and spread over the page. I placed a piece of card where I wanted my photo to go so that there was a hole there. While the polyfilla was still wet I pushed the gems into it. When everything was dry I brushed the frame with green glitter glue.
My main photo opens to show more photos underneath and I secured the flap using a christmas tree brad which I had stained green using alcohol inks.
Posted by Alison Roots at 5:28 AM