Monday, May 6, 2013

A Little bit Different

I recently had a spending spree on craft books and so decided to use some of the new ideas on these layouts.  For this layout I decided to cut the photos of my niece out as the background was black due to me using the flash.  This really detracted from the prettiness of the doll.  I hand drew all my letters, cutting the thicker section out of card so that I could overlap the border and photo to a small degree.
My background paper was plain pink and I dry brushed it with pink acrylic paint of a slightly different shade.
 This page remembers a trip to Camden Market in London.  The backing paper was some gift wrapping given to me by my brother.  I stitched it onto a piece of card - using a colour that I wanted to use up.  Having got the black and red theme I then used up a couple of transparencies I printed up ages ago when I was using up printer ink before throwing an old printer away.  The red/black netting on the right of the photo was an old fruit net which I shrunk with my heat gun and then painted with black acrylic.  I cut my title from silver card which I had coloured with alchol inks, black versa-mark ink and foil.
 I slotted an extra photo behind the main one and used the back of it for my journalling.
I have recently started playing around with doodling and decided to take it on to a layout.  This one is way out of my usual style not an embellishment in sight.  I masked the letters off with masking tape and used my distress stains to colour the background.  Unfortunately the masking fluid tore the paper when I removed it.  Next time I think I will colour in the white first to protect the paper.  I then set to with my coloured pencils and black pen.  The layout records a real bargain but also the story behind buying new trainers.  I wanted to include the price as in years to come this could be interesting.
 


1 comment: