Tuesday, July 31, 2012

More TZ Pages

When living in Dodoma we had no end of problems with our guards miss locking our gates and at times this led to us being locked out.  This one day I had my camera on me and so could record it as Peter had to break in.
For the background I made a lattice of quilling papers and stitched each crossing place down using a single cross stitch.  I then had great fun painting quilling paper and making the paper chain.
I mounted my journalling onto painted corrugated card so that it tied in with the gates in the photo and stuck a key form my collection of odds and ends on as an embellishment.
 This page is all about the armed guards I would give a lift to in the mornings.
Two fo the large circles are left overs from one of my ATCs and were made by layering on acrylic paint, dimensional paint and stamps.
The other three circles were embellished by stamping and embossing with clear and then inking over the top.
I had great fun making these rolls of paper and then tying cotton through them or hanging seed beads on threads from them.

This layout tells the story of the one and only time I preached in church.  It was the first layout I made after I had bought my distress and alchol inks so of course I had to use both on the layout.
 My main materials were a sheet of grey card and a sheet of acetate plus my inks.  I made my embellishments using scraps of paper for the bunting, white embossed stamped letters for the bible text and a few gems for the corner and then stitched it all together.







No comments:

Post a Comment