Friday, August 17, 2012

Scrap 365 Sketch Challenge September

I struggle to work with sketches so this was an even bigger than intended challenge for me.  Because of this I stuck quite closely to the original sketch although I replaced the small photos with one larger one.
 Using pale colours was a break from my usual brights and leaving a lot of white space on un-patterned paper was really hard but I was pleased with the final result.
The page tells the story of us trying to buy a Rossi Ice Cream and not being able to find the ice cream van although we could hear it.
The top of my photo was too harsh and so I tore it and coloured the torn edge with my water colour pencil.  I used foam pads under the top edge of the photo and under some of the swirls on the large wave to lift the corners and add dimension.
Having bought some canvas backed plastic for the UKS tags swap I decided to use some of the remains (coloured with distress stain) to make my circles.  Working on the theme of running around I used my spirograph to decorate the canvas and then mounted on a card circle which I had coloured using chalks.  I also drew the pattern onto card and mounted onto a canvas circle. 
I mounted one pattern onto a white button which I had coloured with alcohol inks.
 The ice cream cone was cut from my old Sainsbury's shopping bag.
I used my water colour pencils to edge the paper pieces, to draw the main title and to edge the page.



7 comments:

  1. Great LO Alison and that icecream looks scrummy. Thank you for taking part in our challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fab idea using the spiro graph! i havent seen one of those for years! love the soft colours and the swirly embossing too...yum, i want one now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, awesome page, love all teh elements and you take on the sketch thanks for playing at Scrap365 :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo!
    I am charmed by your art projects.
    Great LO - Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What I especially love about your take is the space you have given yourself for journaling. Oh, and that ice cream too of course!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interpretation of the sketch. Clever use of fabric too. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete