Friday, January 4, 2013

January Catch Up

I'm surprised that there are as many as these layouts to upload as I really haven't felt like scrapping for what seems like ages.  There have also been a couple of LOs which I couldn't put on-line so all in all I didn't do as bad as I thought.
My first couple are of my niece.  This one records how she would move over the floor before she learnt to crawl.  I did my journalling as a flow chart as progress across the floor to her boing ball was definitely a repetitive process.
Because I made a spelling mistake I had to cover it some how so I chose to make a paper spring to mount the words on.  This reflected the words 'shake shake shake it'.
I hand drew all the animals and made their tails by plating them out of embroidery silk.
 My second layout was inspired by a James Bond film. The introduction showed bright coloured circles moving across the screen in different formations.  Circles did not work but arranging these punched flowers in different ways did.

 For the larger flowers I stamped onto coloured card and embossed with white powder.  It gave a lovely mottled effect.

 This layout celebrates our Jubilee street party.
In my stash I had a large gold postage stamp.  I mounted it on a pieces of card and used it as a journalling tag.  A fine red gauze bag (another left over squirrelled in my stash)
 I wound ribbon round the jumbo ric rac under my main photo.
 I didn't want to mount my small photos but just sticking them on the page didn't look right so I stitched over each corner.

This layout celebrates the first anniversary of our return to the UK.I coloured the backing doily using my pastel chalks.  I hand made the playing cards and used a stencil and chalks to make the clock paper.
 This photo dosen't show this layout off to it's best.  I have used two subtley different red papers, cutting borders and a journalling block from one.  I also stamped words and flowers onto this card as well as mounting stickers on to it.
I backed this painted chipboard heart with paper ans then stuck on the small hearts.  I filled the whole shape with ultra thick powder and placed it on my craft iron.  When all the powder had melted I pushed the larger heart into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment