Sunday, April 28, 2013

Catch Up

As with so many other little ones my niece loved playing with and eating magazines and books when she was little.
I had great fun using my new alphabet die cutting out backing papers.  I stamped little pictures into the hand made books, but they aren't designed to be opened.
 The photo at the bottom opens up to show another photo and the journalling.
I took these photos when we first got our cat.  The papers under the photos are designs I made when I was designing for Craftsuprint.  I printed them up with my last batch of photos so that they are photographic quality.  I was in a frivolous mood and so used up all those plain brown and grey buttons I have been hoarding for years.
I had great fun making the letters.  I mixed soft tissue paper with water and pressed it into the backing from a sheet of foam letters.  When it was dry I gently pushed it out and then coated it with PVA glue and paint to make sure that it held together.
 I created another layout about a trip to a rural museum.  I can't show all the layout here but thought I would put some of the embellishments up.
A fence made from wooden coffee stirrers was dyed with my distress stains and mounted on the hessian from an old shopping bag.
 I had loads of old cogs and a flat battery which I dyed with alcohol inks and used as embellishments.
 I cut cogs from corrugated card and also used some old screws and springs dye the same as the plastic cogs.
 I threaded some old fibres through a buckle and layered onto a dyed piece of old bandaging material.  I finally found a use for this little padlock in my stash.

Children's letters to santa provided the theme for this layout. 
A star cut from a cider can and stained with a mixture of alcohol inks, ink pads and embossing powder provided a fun embellishment.  I dyed an old sheet of stickers with alcohol inks and using the outline as well as the stickers.  I painted an old sheet of blue with a contrasting blue acrylic paint and mounted the stars and presents on it.
 The presents were made from scraps mounted onto card and wrapped in sparkly thread.
 Another christmas layout was embellished with foil snowmen peeking out from under torn and rolled back top paper.  I mounted them on canvas fabric which I had coloured using chalk pastels and sealed with hairspray.
I also used a piece of old bandage which I dyed with my distress stains.
 I made a snowman and reindeer embellishment from a pattern of a Christmas decoration.  I used pieces of rug canvas which I coloured with paint.

1 comment: