Thursday, January 15, 2015

DLP Week 2

Having decided to leave my first weeks journal page, this week I decided to finish it. It still needs a couple of photos adding for Saturday and Sunday but I am pleased with how the calendar page now fits in. The letters are some old foam ones covered in glossy accents.


Last weeks journal page was done on an old book page covered in gesso and then acrylic paint. At first it just didn't work because the text and pictures on the page were showing through too strongly. Trying disguise this I put splatters of an old pot of nail polish on and then dabbed on some alcohol ink. Still not pleased I decided to add photos of some new supplies which turned up during the week. At last I was happy.


For this weeks journal page I worked on an old piece of textured wall paper. I had already covered it with clear gesso and sprayed with dylusions through a stencil. I painted over with white gesso, added dribbles of acrylic ink and then stenciled over with red acrylic. The numbers were stamped on tissue paper and then stuck on.


Now for this weeks DLP challenge, gesso. Using an old book page I gessoed over it and then used distress stain. I stenciled some detail using glass bead gell (unfortunately it didn't show up on the photo). There is the texture of the stitching from last weeks journalling on the other side. I added acrylic ink dribbles, stenciling with gesso and some stamping. The three circles on the top left were made by sticking small bits of cotton onto card with clear gesso and then colouring with my neocolours and cutting out circles.


The tag lifts to show the three steps I am going to take for my beginning.

The tracing paper flap lifts up to reveal more journalling.





No comments:

Post a Comment