Saturday, January 31, 2015

Week 3

This week's DLP challenge was right up my street with the prompt of 'colour wheel'.   I love colour.  I had a sheet of wrapping paper which was covered in brightly coloured jelly beans and immediately stuck it onto my page.  Trying to find somthing to put on it just didn't work so I covered it over with a piece of black material.  The bean pattern just showed through to give it some depth but not enough to detract from the black.
Using black ink I then stamped and embossed hearts onto brightly coloured paper.  Cut them out and made them into a flower.  An old fridge magnet sitting on my desk described just how colour makes me feel so it was stuck in the middle of the flower.
I then cut black borders and backed them with the same paper I had stamped the hearts onto.  For my wording I used acrylic paint on some grungeboard letters and then made dots around the edge using my white paint pen.



No comments:

Post a Comment