Thursday, October 4, 2012

Shake it Up Challenge


 Here is my interpretation of the  Shake it Up Challenge from Scrap 365 Magazine.

At first I didn't realise that the colours were part of the challenge and then when I did was sure that I had no suitable photos.  However when I looked I was really pleased to find these in my waiting to be scrapped box.  It got even better when I realised that the programme would make a great background.  I decided that this wouldn't count as one of my pattered papers.
For my small tags I used some of my old paint charts.  I stamped them with a random design and embossed with gold.
For my main patterned papers I used one which had word blocks all over it.  I then cut out small squares from a yellow letter sheet and placed them under the corners of the words so that just the edges showed and the letters themselves were hidden.
I left a gap so that this small section showed through showing where we were.
For my fourth tag I used a tag which had contained my cat's collar as a template.  I covered the card with my third patterned paper.  I then inked the edges and embossed them with gold and used this for my journalling.
I painted the back of this tag and I also used a thin line of white acrylic around the edge of my photos instead of matting them.

3 comments:

  1. Loads of clever elements on this page. Thanks so much for joining the challenge - I hope you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving those tags, it was a strange mix of colours for the challenge, but you've incorporated them really well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant idea to use the programme as the background! The colours were rather challenging this month but you've managed to nail it! TFS!

    ReplyDelete