Thursday, October 4, 2012

Sketch Challenge

I did this layout for Scrap 365 magazine sketch challenge
For this layout I inked two pieces of card to go with these photos of my Mum in her garden.
Using ink and a stencil I coloured a semi circle.  I outlined the leaves and stalks and coloured the flowers in using water colour pencils.  I then cut out flowers from patterned paper folded the leaves up slightly and stuck them on the coloured flowers.  I stuck clusters of small beads in their centres to finish them off.
On one of my inked cards I stamped a flower and then decoupaged it with layers stamped onto plain card and coloured with my pro markers.
For my tags I coloured a scrap of slightly textured paper with stain or pastels and then fixed with a brad securing the wool with the brads as I fixed them.
I cut my butterfly from patterned paper, wrapped embroidery silk around the centre and then threaded two small beads onto one strand of silk to form the antenna.



6 comments:

  1. Really beautiful layouts. Love those colours and your background work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many lovely details to enjoy on your layouts. Thank you for taking part in the sketch challenge with the sketch from my page - I love how you have made it your own with that really pretty flowered banner. It's lovely1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous job on your layouts! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous LO. Love the water colouring. Thank you for taking part:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love this - colors, embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have put so much work into this and all the techniques you have used - must have taken you ages! You have created a beautiful page. TFS!

    ReplyDelete