Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Summertime

On of the good things about living in our town is that in the summer there are free concerts in the park on a Sunday afternoon.  The music isn't always what we would have paid to go and see but the whole ambience is so wonderful that we try and go as often as we can.
The font for my title is hand drawn, but copied from a free font (Musiker) which I found on-line.
I used a mixture of butterflies to give some dimension to the layout.  This one as cut from parchment.  I painted flower stamens gold to use as antenna.
Cut from patterned paper these butterflies had a single strand of embroidery thread wrapped round the centre and very small beads tied on to the ends of the thread.
For this btterfly I modified an embellishment I had had in my goodie box for quite a time.
It was very bling which would just not fit the layout so I used the back of it.  Using my distress stains I coloured it.  Then with a permanent marker I coloured the centre in.  I finished it with small beads stuck on the wings.
I made three little tabbed journalling blocks.  Labelled them with small alpha tiles mad with my little stamps and made a pocket for them to all slot into together.

No comments:

Post a Comment