Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Afternoon Tea

Many thanks to Jilli Bean Soup for the inspiration for this layout.  It celebrates an afternoon spent with a church group who were supporting us when we were working as missionaries.
It was a great layout to use up lots of embellishments on.
This little bird was made by shrinking a white plastic shower sponge with my heat gun.  I then coloured it using acrylic paint and cut the bird out when dry.
I backed this little butterfly sticker with acetate coloured with alcohol inks which I also used to colour many of the buttons used on the layout.
I had these plastic cut outs for ages so it was good to find a use for them.
I cut a couple of small cup cakes form patterned paper and mounted them on buttons.
I made this rosette ages ago for another layout but never used it.  I filled the centre with craft glue and then embedded these little beads in the glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment