Sunday, February 22, 2015

I Did it my Way.

Well this week I got loads of library books out for inspiration and sat down to sketch into a sketch pad with the idea that I could cut out my sketches and use them later  on.
The theme/challenge of covering the good was too much.  No way could I cover up work I loved, so I took the idea of covering up good thoughts.  Following on from my negative thoughts of last week I wrote down how I wanted to do with DLP and what I wanted to achieve from it.  Then as it was valentines day using my neocolours I drew a great big heart on top.
I gessoed over the heart and then the page.

I painted over everything using acrylic paints.  The girl is one cut from my sketch pad.  By this time the heart was disappearing so I drew round it with a white watercolour pencil.

I forget if I used gesso or white paint but I stenciled hearts on through a home made stencil and then stamped words of encouragement over the page.  I have had these stamps for ages so it was great to use them at last.  Using neocolours I coloured over everything just to bring it all together.
 Finally I cut out the title (this was the last sentence in my journalling underneath and really summed up my attitude)  coloured in my girl and stuck her on.






No comments:

Post a Comment