Sunday, March 15, 2015

Using at Least Five Layers

Having decided to be true to my style I am now starting to find things I want to draw during the week and then adapting them to the DPL challenge.  I had found a tree similar to this one while browsing an Art Deco book in the library and knew I wanted to use it.  Having sketched it out I thought of using buttons instead of the circles and flowers on the original.  There are just five layers if you count the buttons as a layer.
I kept thinking about fruit and gifts and wanted my words to reflect those thoughts.  Searching through a quotes website I came across this quote: 'Try not to get lost in comparing yourself to others.  Discover your gifts and let them shine. Jennie Finch'  It is so appropriate for me I just had to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment